Here is a simple tomato soup recipe:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 24 ounces canned whole plum tomatoes
- 3 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until onions have softened, about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until tomatoes, onions, and garlic are soft, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to the jar of a blender and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until soup is heated through. If soup seems too thick, stir in some extra stock to thin. Serve immediately.
Check out the link!
If you plan to plant strawberries in a garden, here is a simple strawberry smoothie recipe:
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cubes ice, crushed
“In a blender combine strawberries, milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Toss in the ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve
Check out this link!
Here is a picture of our entire garden so far!
Our tomato plant has a little tomato growing!
The tomato plant, so far, has been our favorite! This plant continues to grow amazingly and we are just so excited!
Since we planted two strawberry plants, they both have been growing very nicely. Besides the tiny holes because of the bugs, which you can use fertilizer in order to protect it, we are very happy with the way they are turning out!
Our green bell pepper is the smallest one out of our group of plants. It seems to be growing the slowest but it is still progressing.
Our cantaloupe plant is growing nicely. It’s only been six weeks and it looks really good. We are really excited to see it continue to grow!