- They were very common Mexico and Central America and spread throughout the 16th and 17 centuries, where now they are grown all around the world
- Green bell peppers are harvested before they become ripe
- Bell peppers are low in calories and have no grams of fat
- Bell peppers are not seasonal fruits, so they are available all year round
- They contain many vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E
- Bell peppers are used in many recipes
- Cabbage is very high in fiber, vitamin C & K, and is fat free and cholesterol free.
- Cabbages have a lot of fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- Cabbage is considered one of the oldest vegetable in the world
- There are many cabbages grown all over the world but the common ones are the Green and Red in the United States
If you want to learn more check out this link!
This page is dedicated to tips that Amanda and I have come with gardening tips in order to help everyone else succeed in growing a garden. We have also come up with health tips that will benefit other in a positive way as well as providing healthy recipes that we hope you will enjoy! 🙂
We have some bad news! Bugs have started eating at our cantaloupe leaves but thankfully we have the right materials in order to prevent this from continuing!
So far its been 4 weeks since we planted our garden and it has been doing really well. They are all growing at a normal rate.
Make sure to have a big enough garden space in order to plant each plant in the necessary distance away from the others.
Beautify vacant lots: We took an empty space of grass and turned it into a small garden.
We did this by…
‣ Raking the grass until only dirt was visible
‣ Removed rocks
‣ Laid down soil and cow manure
‣ Planned where we were going to plant the plants according to the suggested distance apart from each plant
‣ Digged holes for each plant
‣ Placed plants in designated spot
Gardens may offer physical and mental health benefits by providing opportunities to:
• Eat healthy fresh fruits and vegetables: we planted tomatoes, cabbage, cantaloupe, strawberries, & green peppers
• Engage in physical activity, skill building, and creating green space: planting a garden takes hard work and commitment. It is a great way to be active and helping the environments. For this project team-work was very beneficial.
Our tomato plant started to growing! We are so excited for the others to grow